Monday, November 17, 2008

Want to help?






If you're wanting to help someone this Christmas season and don't know which organization to help, maybe you would love to help the homeless! A family that used to be a member of FBC Jacksonville is asking anyone to make these bags to give to the Homeless this season. They want to make at least 350 bags. I have committed to making 10 bags. Its simple! Just go to Wal-Mart, and get all the travel size bottles and fill the bag. Let me know if you'd like to help let me know or get in touch with The Heltons at http://johnandchristie.blogspot.com/

When you give to the least of these...
This year, I have personally committed to the Coalition for the Homeless to provide 350 hygiene kits. This is a special group that has become very dear to me and to our entire family. Many of them sleep here at the coalition which is a screened in pavilion where they sleep on a small mat on a concrete floor. They have no family, no gifts, and no hope.

If you and your family can commit to make up a few (or a lot) and will, please let me know. You can also put an encouraging letter in them if you want. You can be assured that I will personally make sure the pack finds a needy man this Christmas. You want to help me give some hope? And spread the word! If nobody else does it, I’ll have to get 350 on my own! But, I’d feel almost guilty to keep all those blessings to myself. :-)

Thanks, John

**Hygiene Kits**
Fill a gallon size Zip lock bag with...
toothbrush in a toothbrush holder
toothpaste
pair of socks
pair of men's underwear (L or XL)
washcloth
deodorant
small bottle of shampoo
bar of soap
razor
comb
small tube of hand lotion

2 comments:

Pin It button on image hover