Monday, December 9, 2013

Birthday Shenanigans

This weekend was filled with celebrating my 28th birthday.
I swear I have the best boyfriend to ever walk the earth!
 
I was able to leave work at 4.
We headed straight to my niece's school to watch her be an angel in a Christmas play.
Then went to eat with friends.
 
Friday night I started to feel like the flu was hitting me.
I stocked up on Nyquil & Dayquil & was out for the night at 10:30.
Talk about getting old! ha
 
Saturday morning I had a photo session.
It was scorching hot where everyone else was iced in.
 
Then Sunday we headed to Orlando to Sea World to visit with the penguins.
Ever since our last visit I've become obsessed with penguins.
Mr. Popper's Penguins needs to be me!
 
When we arrived Josh motioned that we needed to get tickets at the "reservation" desk.
Above the booth was a sign about the penguin tour!
My first thought was "omg no way I get to touch these little babies and take pictures with them"
Then I had tears in my eyes.
 
We walked around to the meeting place, watched people feeing the seal lions then headed back for our tour.
We saw the nursery, freezer where all the food is kept, a map of the exhibit along with where all the eggs are laid. Right now there are 23 eggs the penguins are sitting on.
Then my heart exploded when we walked into Antarctica.
The tour guide allowed 3 penguins in this tiny area for us to touch & take pictures. 





 
This little fella walked over my feet then pecked at them. I seriously wanted to pick him up and bring him home with me.


Sunday could not have been more perfect.
 

 

We ended our night at the Huey Lewis & The News concert where I watched people my parents age dance to music I didn't even know!
One guy even fell asleep while his wife danced next to him!


 photo signaturecopy_zps8e140f3e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I may be a bit jealous of this! I saw the video of it and was like BOOM..her man wins the best hubs of the year award right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover