Thursday, December 12, 2013

Be Blessed


Hello there!
 
Last night I experienced something I've never had happen to me in all my 28 years on earth.
 
I rushed home from work,
changed,
let the dogs out
&
headed to church to watch my niece sing in her Christmas play which I thought started at 6.
 
I hurried to park on the street {the only spot available without having to park in the garage},
grab my stuff,
noticed it was 5:57 and rushed inside.
 
As I was about to walk across the street I heard a man ask me if I'm going to church.
Of course I said yes then turned around to continue walking through the crosswalk until I heard him ask "WILL YOU PRAY FOR ME"
I've never had a random person on the street ask me this.
I had my phone, keys & wallet in hand
but it never crossed my mind that he would steal from me.
I walked back over to him
he held my hand
& I prayed.
He wished me a Merry Christmas and to have a blessed day
& we parted ways.
 
As I was walking inside I had tears in my eyes.
He doesn't know this but that blessed me more than he'll ever know.
 
My church is located in downtown & isn't the safest place to be.
There was a cop sitting in his car which is probably why I felt it was ok to pray with him.
& little did I know that the program didn't start until 6:30 so I had plenty of time to stop.
 
We're all so busy with our lives that we just need to slow down.
The world is so full of hatred.
 
Slow down & bless someone!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
This week Hello Darling Boutique is offering 15% off all items.
' TWELVEDAYS '
Do you need a Christmas gift?
We have scarves & fleece lined leggings that are perfect stocking stuffers.
Sweaters, cardigans, lace tops, sequined elbow tops & more!
 
Christmas is only 12 days away!



 photo signaturecopy_zps8e140f3e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Jenna, that is awesome. We have been debating on going back to church is this is more reason to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing experience for you! It's true, we get so caught up in today's modern world that the little things just pass us by. I love this post so much. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover