Thursday, December 12, 2013

Be Blessed


Hello there!
 
Last night I experienced something I've never had happen to me in all my 28 years on earth.
 
I rushed home from work,
changed,
let the dogs out
&
headed to church to watch my niece sing in her Christmas play which I thought started at 6.
 
I hurried to park on the street {the only spot available without having to park in the garage},
grab my stuff,
noticed it was 5:57 and rushed inside.
 
As I was about to walk across the street I heard a man ask me if I'm going to church.
Of course I said yes then turned around to continue walking through the crosswalk until I heard him ask "WILL YOU PRAY FOR ME"
I've never had a random person on the street ask me this.
I had my phone, keys & wallet in hand
but it never crossed my mind that he would steal from me.
I walked back over to him
he held my hand
& I prayed.
He wished me a Merry Christmas and to have a blessed day
& we parted ways.
 
As I was walking inside I had tears in my eyes.
He doesn't know this but that blessed me more than he'll ever know.
 
My church is located in downtown & isn't the safest place to be.
There was a cop sitting in his car which is probably why I felt it was ok to pray with him.
& little did I know that the program didn't start until 6:30 so I had plenty of time to stop.
 
We're all so busy with our lives that we just need to slow down.
The world is so full of hatred.
 
Slow down & bless someone!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
This week Hello Darling Boutique is offering 15% off all items.
' TWELVEDAYS '
Do you need a Christmas gift?
We have scarves & fleece lined leggings that are perfect stocking stuffers.
Sweaters, cardigans, lace tops, sequined elbow tops & more!
 
Christmas is only 12 days away!



 photo signaturecopy_zps8e140f3e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Jenna, that is awesome. We have been debating on going back to church is this is more reason to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing experience for you! It's true, we get so caught up in today's modern world that the little things just pass us by. I love this post so much. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover