Sunday, September 26, 2010

An Amazing Day!

Friday night I had one of my bestfriends {Molly} stay the night with me. It was her first time seeing my house since she wasn't able to come to my housewarming party the weekend before. We went out to dinner, rented a few Redbox movies and came back to my house. After the first movie we decided we wanted to bake cookies. I wish I has taken a picture of these cookies! They were bigger than the size of my palm. So we decided to walk next door and give 6 cookies to the soon to be mommy and daddy. Amber was having lots of contractions so when we arrived she was in the bath! Ever since Amber asked me to be a part of Avery's birth I begged her to call or text me the minute they were on the way to the hospital. Well, it didn't work out in my favor....







I ended up leaving work on Friday early so that I could go in on Saturday for a few hours. I ended up not even making into work because Amber was dilating so fast. I hope that when it's my turn to have a baby that my labor and delivery goes as smooth as Amber's.









When I arrived Amber was doing fine. She had an oxygen mask on because Avery's heartbeat wa slowing down. Since Amber was dilating so fast her epidural couldn't keep up with her. She ended up having to move the epidural except it didn't go into effect while she was about to push.









I remember being by Amber's head helping her to remember that soon se would have Avery and this whole painful experience would be behind her. At one point I thought I would pass out. But I kept my cool and continued to take pictures and be there for Amber. At 12:03 Avery was born weighing 7.1 lbs and 20 inches long! She's absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad I was to watch Amber deliver her and capture so many memories.









Thank God I'm their neighbor because I've had my Avery fix just about every day since she's been home. I just hope I don't ruin my welcome at their house! :)

1 comment:

  1. awwwww I love you as Jenna house owner...sooo cute! ;)
    I may need some pointers when we start painting and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover