Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Step Up 5k

I'm just getting around to blogging about my 5k.



Let me start by saying it was the most unorganized event I've probably ever been to.

The 5k was supposed to start at 10.

No portable bathrooms anywhere in a 100 foot radius.



They didn't line us up until 10:10 to the correct minute/mile you run.

I had to use the bathroom so bad considering I was a nervous wreck & didn't know what I was getting myself into.

I almost hid in the bushes but didn't.

I was finally running at 10:15ish and finished in 47:29. I even stopped at a bathroom for a pee break!



My lips were completely dry & I was literally dying of thirst when I got to the 1.5 mile marker but the water station was bone dry.

Why wouldn't they have enough water for everyone.

I wasn't in the back of the pack either. There was plenty of people behind me. 5000 people ran this race.




{My favorite from 99.9 gator country came out to support me}

I did get a really cool shirt.

I'm super excited about my next 5k.

The Gate River Run!!!!

-JennaDK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover