Monday, August 3, 2009

26.2 training







Who would've ever thought I would run a marathon. Well I'm not there yet but I am training for the 26.2 with Donna Deegan to fight breast cancer. The marathon isn't until February 2010 but it's going to be a lot of training! I'm not a runner although I used to run with 2 friends every night 1.3 miles but I stopped a while ago. Maybe 2 summers ago! This all started when a guy I used to work with asked me if I would do this marathon with him and I couldn't turn him down. Besides I want/need to get in shape.

Today I started tracking everything I eat and my exercises. I'm allowed to eat 1,015 calories a day and only have eaten 850 calories. I also ran/walked 1.1 miles in 15 minutes! Ok I understand thats not the greatest but its a start.

Tomorrow I plan on waking up at 6 to go on a 30 minute bike ride since tomorrow night will be busy. We'll see how that works out for me. I do have a very good accountability partner-Doug- who has asked me what I ate for lunch and dinner and also made sure I started running/walking tonight. He also has told me that he will make sure I'm up in the morning for my bike ride! he works crazy hours at a radio station here in Florida so he'll already be awake!

I'm super excited about this marathon and the changes that will happen with my body! The only thing that will get in the way of this marathon is my 7 night cruise with my mom and other bloggers going on the MckCruise! But there's a track on the ship so I have no excuse not to keep training while away!

So follow me on this journey of my first marathon!

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are getting to do the 26.2! I wish I could have finished to run but being pregnant was awesome too :)

    I'm sure you know but you will HAVE to up those cals once you get to those higher miles! You're burning about 100 cals a mile!

    I wish for no injuries for you- you're going to feel such a sense of accomplishment! Are you doing a pace group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe I was just a pig .....:) that could be it! haha I couldn't go below like 1300-1400 cals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind words on our blog! And great job with your training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind words on our blog! And great job with your training!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover